Hi, and welcome to Module 1, where we hunt for woozles!
Slide deck is HERE
MP3 (audio-only) file is HERE
Conduct five Woozle-hunting interviews with people you believe represent your base. Find out what they need, value and are willing to pay for.
Based on what you learn, write up a description of your client base:
- What are their biggest concerns?
- How do they describe those concerns?
- What is their average budget to address these types of concerns?
- How can you have fun meeting those concerns?
- What do they look for in a consultant?
- Where do they go for professional development and stay on top of their industry? How can you stay in front of them?
Send a copy of this description to Mary Ellen ([email protected]), highlighting your most unexpected discoveries.
The Samples & Templates module includes tips on how to request interviews and useful interview questions.
You can listen to a narration of Chapter 3 of Winnie the Pooh, “In which Pooh & Piglet Go Hunting and Nearly Catch a Woozle”.
(Yes, I know… This is the hardest step of starting a business, and also the most critical one. If you base your business on what you think you know about your clients, you are building a business on an illusion.)